Monday, January 30, 2012

Great Flowers for Springtime Weddings

With weather like this, spring is just around the corner.
Now you might be saying, but it's still cold. Yes, I agree it has been a bit nippy, but we haven't dipped into the teens yet. In fact, it's only been below 25 degrees a couple of times this whole winter season. So nature is waking up.
Hellebore flowers are starting to open up- I would say about two-three weeks early...
And I am seeing daffodils just on the verge of bloom, and my hyacinthoides (bluebells) also have green tops up about three to four inches.
There is even a lone hyacintth showing its bright green spears- I am sad to say that I just didn't get around to planting hyacinths last fall so this one is all alone.
The dainty blue muscari are being more patient though (the picture below is from last year)- it looks like it will be a few more weeks before they start showing their flower heads.
There will soon be Bridal Crown and White Lion and Ice Follies daffodils and narcissus blooming. I am watching and waiting, and when the flowers start to bloom again, I will be there ready to gather them up!
All of them are perfect for springtime weddings. This little bouquet from last spring is a sweet reminder of what is soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment