Monday, September 5, 2011

Weddings- Mikki & Hector

Last week I had the wonderful privilege of creating some REALLY FUN floral designs that have been floating around in my head for the past twelve months. These were the flowers for Mikki and Hector's Wedding!
It's so hard to believe that it has been a little over a year since Hector and Mikki and her folks came through my booth at the Forever Bridal Show. She loved what she saw and booked an appointment for a consultation. And when they all showed up for the consultation, I could tell I was really going to enjoy working with Mikki and Hector and her family.
The vision was very eclectic, the colors were purples and creams and whites and greens. The look was "Gardeny" yes! but with other flowers too- purple carnations and lisianthus, plum colored gomphrena, creamy Majolika roses and stock, apple green sedums and Love-In-A-Puff vines, Cool Water lavender roses, velvety heads of celosia, and herbal fragrances such as rosemary and scented geraniums.
The picture above shows Mikki's bouquet almost finished. She wanted it to be encircled with vines so I was happy to provide some sweet Love-In-A-Puff and smilax vines from the garden.
Bronze hued loropetalum leaves in her bouquet catch a bit of sunlight in the picture above.
Bridesmaid bouquets featured purple carnations, lavender roses, green hydrangeas, spiky celosia flowers, ferns, loropetalum and scented geranium leaves.
Here's a quick shot of some of the bouquets before loading up the boxes for the trip to the Preston Woodall House in Benson, NC, (what a gorgeous place for a wedding!)
Mothers' corsages featured rosemary, purple stock and Majolika roses tied in a nosegay style that could be carried in the hand or held against a small clutch.
Bouts for the groomsmen and the father featured Equisetum (horsetail) stems, holly berries, dried poppy heads and gomphrena.
Hector's included flowers from Mikki's bouquet such as celosia, sedum, and lisianthus buds and well as dried poppy, curly dock and crocosmia pods.
For the reception centerpieces, Mikki and Hector decided to go with flower filled metal pails nestled on thick round slabs of oak- each one cut and sanded by her Dad! Each table also featured moss rimmed chalkboards (by Mikki and her family) that directed guest where to sit. I was so grateful to have my good friend, Sandy, assist in creating many of these sweet little pail designs- just chocked full of beautiful flowers.
In addition to metal pails, there were also taller designs created atop chunky wooden candlesticks, (sorry this picture has so much backlight- I am glad that I wasn't hired to do the photos!!!).
So much thought went into planning all the details. I wish I could picture all the wonderful touches that Mikki, her family, and Hector had placed throughout this beautiful historic home to celebrate their wedding.
And celebrate I know they did!!!
I can't wait to see the beautiful images that I am sure that Jamie Blow with J&J Photography captured, as well as videographers with Twenty-One Films.
I am so glad there are pros like them to record these once in a lifetime moments!
And today I just smile when I think of my newly married couple!!! I wish you all the best Mikki and Hector... I am really going to miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment