Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weddings- CeCe and Lee- The Real Pictures

I met CeCe at the Southern Bridal Show & Expo last August. And I was so excited to hear how much she liked the garden style that I bring to my floral designs. When she and her mom, Cile, and sister, Lori, came for the floral consultation it was like visiting with old friends. Pinks and yellows and fresh picked greens that would be found in a springtime garden were the colors that she chose for her late March wedding. And flowers such as anemones and ranunculus and tulips which just shout SPRING were perfect for the different designs. So when I was deciding what tulips to plant for my spring garden beds- I made sure there were yellows and pinks in the mix.
And then there was this one little flower that I didn't think I would be able to get in early spring, but it was very important to CeCe- Billy Buttons. These are summer flowers around here, but my vendor said "No Problem". So a matching Billy Button found its way into Lee's boutonniere as well, (love the tie!).
And because they were so MUCH fun to work with- they found their way into my garden too!!!
CeCe's bouquet was filled with soft white ranunculus, pale pink lisianthus, dark pink anemones, fragrant rosemary, glossy camellia leaves, and of course Billy Buttons.
Her bridesmaids carried bright yellow tulips and mums, hot pink stock and pale pink tulips, waxflowers, rosemary and camellia leaves.

The posies for the pews were a gathering of pink larkspur and stock, yellow kerria japonica and rosemary wrapped with ivory ribbons.
These flowers as well as bridal wreath spirea were included in the gorgeous wreaths that CeCe's Mom created. Kerria japonica is a sweet puff of yellow that almost glows along the lime green stems.
Angelique tulips, cherry blossoms and Kerria blooms were used in the reception decor.
Such a sweet couple... and now they are busy making a new life for themselves at the BEACH!!! How fun! CeCe and Lee- I wish you all the best as you move into your fourth month of marriage.
PS: Aren't these pictures awesome! Be sure to check out the wonderful work of this talented photographer- Nancy of   Nancy Ray Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment