Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Southern Bridal Show & Expo

Last Sunday was the Southern Bridal Show & Expo at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh, NC. It was great to be able to meet so many brides up close and talk with them about their wedding flowers. I went with an eclectic garden look for my booth design and incorporated some truly one-of-a-kind containers and props that I offer to my brides from my studio. The colors of the linens from Connie Duglin (www.connieduglinlinen.com) set of off the designs beautifully.
Flowers such as columbine, euphorbia, anemones and wood hyacinths in colors of pinks, fuchsias, chartreuse, and blues were some of picks from the garden. I also wanted to show brides a great idea for a DIY- pressed flower pictures. I used them in the frames on the cocktail table and also on the letters that spell out SPRINGWELL above the back table. These would be perfect for place cards, framed art for the reception tables and so much more, and they can be done weeks ahead of time. I hope to have a post up about pressed flowers next week.
I love this close up that Christa of Christa Davidson Photography captured of flowers from the garden- ornithogalum, anemones and columbine along with Majolika roses from my vendor.
I am SOOO grateful to Christa for taking the time to photograph my booth at the Bridal Show last Sunday. She didn't hesitate when I asked her, (my own attempts were dark and blurry). So of course after the show, I checked out her website at www.christadavidson.com. I was greatly impressed with her style!
Next week I will have some outdoor pictures that I shot of individual pieces for the show and the DIY on pressed flowers.
Tomorrow is a day to reflect... See Holly Heider Chapple's post: http://www.hollychappleflowers.typepad.com/, and Sunday is a day to Rejoice- He is Risen indeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment