Monday, June 6, 2011

Weddings- Melissa and Ryan

I first met with Melissa and her parents, Frank and Sue, last summer, and I have to say that I really enjoyed getting to know them over the last eleven months. Her fiance', Ryan, also came along to give his support, (I learned that he is much more into hunting and fishing than flowers, but he was there for that first visit which I think is sweet!).
We talked colors, we talked flowers and along the way some things changed, but others stayed the same. One thing that Melissa knew she wanted was lots of yellow in her bouquet. She decided to go with yellow roses and calla lilies and freesia and soft creamy yellow stock. Garden gatherings included dainty heads of white feverfew and yarrow and seed pods of Love-in-a-Mist, (Melissa can save these and plant the seeds in her own garden some day).
The centerpiece designs featured blue Mason jars filled with yellow gerber daisies, blue hydrangeas and stems of feverfew.
There were also loops of lily grass and Kimberly Queen fern fronds.
Centerpieces for the longer reception tables were designed in vintage sewing machine drawers.
Here's a shot of the bouquets boxed up and ready to go.
My daughter Natalie, who helped me set up for the wedding, was really fond of the bridesmaids' bouquets. Melissa wanted her bridesmaids to carry white flowers. She chose gerber daisies looped with bear grass.
The van packed up and ready to go- destination the Sutherlands in Wake Forest. Hilton of Hilton Pittman Photography captured some great images of the wedding- Loved the one on his blog yesterday of the new Mr. & Mrs. And I hope I can share some of his work on my blog sometime.
It was such a privilege to design the flowers for Melissa and Ryan's wedding day! I am so happy for you two and wish you all the best as you start your married life!

No comments:

Post a Comment