Monday, August 15, 2011

Sarah's Bridesmaid Luncheon at Caffe Luna

It was wonderful to have the privilege of designing Sarah and Scott's wedding flowers. And I was so excited to receive a call from her Aunt Elaine in Georgia a few months back to do the flowers for the bridesmaids' luncheon too!
I try hard to listen to what my brides desire as they tell me about their wedding flowers. And as Sarah shared I could envision gardens, carefree flowers and BRIGHT colors.
I love the richness of the play between complimentary colors such as purple and yellow and how well they pair with bright greens and yellow-greens. The asters look just picked and the purple globe gomphrenas and scented geraniums WERE. And what's more cheerful and carefree than yellow Gerber daisies?
Some of these designs would have to fit on long narrow tables. So I created a couple of two tone ribbon bands studded with green button mums that would join petite vases of flowers together.
Two larger cylinder vases were designed for a couple of round tables. These vases sported a ribbon belt with a bright green button mum.
Here are the flowers all ready to go!
And here they are at Cafe Luna in downtown Raleigh ready to welcome Sarah and all her bridesmaids. And be a part of the festivities the day before the Wedding!





No comments:

Post a Comment