Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weddings- Emma and Bobby

Well here are some of the pictures that I was able to take of Emma and Bobby's wedding flowers. I absolutely loved the fresh white and green colors- they are perfect for early spring. The designs for the reception were clean and simple- Majolika roses, pussy willow, curly willow and ornithogalum grasses. They worked well with the venue that Emma and Bobby had chosen- the NC Museum of Natural Sciences!!! The Museum is in downtown Raleigh, NC and provided a wonderfully interesting atmosphere for the reception.
Emma's bouquet was designed in rich creams and whites- freesia, Akito roses, ranunculus and lisianthus, accented with green hydrangea heads. The bridesmaids bouquets included bright green Kermit mums, Majolika spray roses, lisianthus, ranunculus and green hydrangea heads.
Freesia is so wonderfully fragrant in a bouquet! And I love the delicate petals of the ranunculus!
Last year I was able to find some beautiful antique handkerchiefs. I bought them to give to my brides so they would have a practical keepsake. And they work great as "something old".
I met a wonderful photographer as I arrived at Jones Chapel to deliver the flowers. She is Amanda Olson of Amanda Olson Photography, and I loved watching her in action. She has an artist eye and I can't wait to see how she has captured Emma and Bobby's wedding.
I was also impressed by caterers from The Q Shack. I had a little sample provided by Markeem, who was one of the staff- it was GREAT!!!
I notice when folks seem to be going above and beyond what is expected. Amanda stayed beyond the end of the reception just to catch some more interesting images and I overheard one of the gentleman from the Q Shack offering a helping hand to the bride's family as they were taking items to the car. Little things that really speak volumes!
It was a great joy to meet with Emma and her family and to be a part of Emma and Bobby's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment