Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ranunculus and Anemones for Spring Weddings

Planting time for anemones and ranunculus is here. The summer and fall annuals have been cleared, and beds are being prepped for a whole new batch corms.
Some of the corms that I saved from last year were actually planted out in early October, and there are a few anemones that are starting to bloom.
This will be the third year of growing ranunculus and anemones at Springwell Gardens. Last year's crop was great, and I am hopeful that there will be plenty of blooms for my March and April 2014 brides.
These plants need some protection so I will be adding plastic coverings and frost cloth to the beds once the corms are in place.
    
I hope to have anemones blooming by mid December (well- with the ones blooming now, I can check that one done!)
And ranunculus should start up by mid February. The big challenge will be keeping the beds protected! We have had some mild winters lately.... But this year may be a bit colder- we'll have to wait and see. I will keep you posted on how things come along as the season progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment