Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Bouquet of Cafe Au Lait Dahlias

The dahlias are starting to bloom. Summer is not their favorite season, but
it's so nice to see them! New to the garden beds are Cafe au Lait Dahlias. These blooms are gorgeous- Soft, billowy and BIG.
Here they are mixed with white dahlias, pink pincushion flowers and gomphrena.
Right now they are streaked with lots of lavender, but I think as the heat of summer gives way to cooler fall temps and shorter days, their color will soften to the more familiar creamy blush... We'll see.
I added them to the garden for my daughter, Mary. She and Brad will be getting married this October, and I was thrilled to find out that Mary really likes the look of this flower! So now is the time to gather their blooms and practice designing with them.
My daughter, Judy, agreed to model for me...she's such a sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment